The design of this site is for the association to showcase local businesses located on the main street in Bucksport, Maine. Our research led us to the theme “Java,” which is a perfect match for the association’s needs. We customized the theme with color, graphics, and posts that provide quick details about the businesses listed. We also took advantage of the theme’s ability to sort businesses by what they sold and the services provided.
Scrolling through the screen samples, the following features were used:
- A place for a large scenic photo with a quick way for visitors to search
- Quick filters that allow a visitor to find a place to eat & drink, to stay, services, or activities
- Once one of the quick filters is selected, the visitor is sent to a page that displays all businesses that provide the requested selection and a map showing all locations.
- Once a visitor clicks on a business listing, a page features that business with photos, videos, and detailed info.
- The business feature page also has a Google map showing its location.
- The home page also displays all businesses located on the main street. This listing can also be filtered by the visitor by what the visitor may be looking for. Once a filter option is selected, the page only displays businesses that offer the selected option.